
Here is 35 weeks! Hold on little shirt!
This is my last week working and it is really bittersweet. I like being busy at work and earning a paycheck. Yes, I know I will still be "working" as a mom but I am not nearly as productive at home as I am at a job (my fault- I know). Maybe Brett can write me a check and put it in the mailbox if I get my chores done? Plus one on the biggest reasons is socializing. So I will need to find a playgroup as soon as baby is ready.
Brett is very anxious for the baby to be here and I am too but I also think I'm going to miss being pregnant. This was such an fun surprise for us and I don't know that it will ever happen again. It took me awhile to get excited for fear of something going wrong and so now I find that I wouldn't mind being pregnant a bit longer...I may be singing a different tune in 4-5 weeks though!
Baby was measured at 33 weeks and weighed 5 lbs. 6 oz., doctor said he may be BIG! She doesn't think I will make it to my due date, so it will be interesting to see what happens! During the ultrasound, the midwife asked if we knew the gender- they always do this just to make sure they don't slip up and tell you- I said that it was a boy. Then when she was measuring everything, she asked who had told me it was a boy. We had found out at like 17 or 18 weeks I think at the perinatologist (a specialist with high tech ultrasound machines), she asked if they had shown me his "parts", which we never did see, we closed our eyes so they could determine the gender and put it in an envelope for us to read later. Then the midwife just left it at that. I was curious why she was asking all this so I said, its still a boy right? with a nervous laugh. To which she said, looks like a girl to me. WHAT! This is the reason we wanted to know the gender- I have bought ALL BOY stuff, and second hand so I can't return it! But then she was done with the ultrasound, no further investigation! I then was with my doctor and told her the story. She said since the perinatologist with specialized equipment saw a boy, its a boy. Its too squishy in there right now to get a good view anyway. SO, now I'm 99% sure its a boy but 1% wondering if its a girl!
11 comments:
Wow, that's crazy! Guess you'll get to be surprised when the baby comes, and get to REALLY find out what gender you're getting.
But, you're adorable pregnant. Can't wait for pictures and updates when he's here!!!
Looking FAB like usual! And you are probably the only girl in history who wants to be pregnant longer than 9 months :) But I don't blame you!
You are going to be the best mom ever, and lets get real, this kid is going to be BEAUTIFUL, regardless if its a boy or girl... oh man, can you imagine though, if it really did end up being a girl?? She would have to get used to wearing blue, hee hee :)
PS nice to hear there is another TACO SMELL lover like myself in this world!
You look so BEAUTIFUL!!! A baby belly suits you well! No worries- I have LOTS of girls clothes... if it so happens you get a delivery day surprise!
You look great! Can you get another ultrasound to determine if it's a boy or girl? If you do end up having a girl, you can sell me all your boy stuff if you want. And no, that's not an announcement, I'll just store them for the future. :)
I can't believe that happened! Well, lets hope for all practical reasons it's a boy;)
I wish we lived closer so we could see you guys more!
Heather, you look adorable!! :) We are so excited for you guys! I know how you feel when you say you will miss being pregnant. I felt the same way - and actually still miss it from time to time. Hopefully the perinatologist was right! Nice deal on the grill too - Neil's jealous that I didn't get him a "pregnancy present" like that! :) You guys are going to be such great parents! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy!
Wow, maybe a girl huh? Well, this is exciting news! Since I have one of each I can safely say that either one is great to have ;). Good luck with everything! So excited for you.
Crazy story. Best of luck to you in the final weeks of pregnancy! Words of wisdom from me...Sleep as much as you can!!
Ahhhh! I can't wait!! I'm so excited for you!!!! Miss you guys. Love you!
Whoa, that would be a shock! I am so excited for you guys!!
your belly is almost as big as mine :) miss you guys!
Post a Comment