Thursday, July 30, 2009

July Updates

Cute cat!
My family. We had a reunion on my mom's side at Leech Lake (weird name right? but its actually a nice lake with good fishing). I stocked up with a good book, gossip magazine and treats just to have the worst weather in 70 years...not fair! I looked forever to find a decent maternity swimsuit that didn't look like I was wearing a tent with no pants on and never even wore it! And I took the tags off and washed it so there is no returning it! But shopping for it gave a good laugh to my mom and a sales clerk when I had high hopes of a non-maternity swimsuit in size large working...I was muffin topping- in the BACK! It looked horrible-I could have been a float in the Macy's Parade. My mom did not hold back her laughter and the sales clerk turned her back to me and I could totally tell she was laughing at me!!! To make it worse, it wasn't a cute young sales clerk. It was an older, dressed like a grandma sales clerk!
Anyway, it was still really great to see everyone and we got to spend a lot of time indoors with each other!

Brett and Cameron playing pool at the cabin.


oh, my Brettie Boo! This is his "pregnancy present" for helping me so much. It a stainless steel grill from Craigslist. We got it for $60 and that included the propane tank! Great deal. I love it more than I thought I would because Brett is much more eager to make dinner! Brett has really enjoyed me being pregnant in the summer- all I want to eat all day is soft serve ice cream and he is MORE than willing to get it anytime because he wants one too! Although he was uber jealous when I told him my pregnant co-worker can only hold down pizza, sorry Brett, my heartburn is a monster.




3 comments:

Aves said...

Cute family picture, I haven't seen your fam in YEARS. And what are you talking about??? You may feel big, but you are like the tiniest pregnant person EVER. You are so blasted cute its ridiculous. I am SO happy for you guys, I just can't get over it :) And hooray for ice cream! no guilt when you are pregnant, hee hee. Miss you guys!

Brittany H. said...

Ah, the back-fat...You look great, Heather!

Karen Hanberg said...

You know I love you, but really, I wish we had a picture of you in that one suit!! Honestly, you look adorably cute pregnant!