Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kitchen Update

Ok, so blogger loaded these pics in a different order than I thought, so the "Before" pic is at the bottom. Here's the "After". I wish you all could see the true color because it is the PERFECT shade I was looking for. It's called "bennington gray" - doesn't that just sound GOOD too! Yes, I know I am totally boring choosing a neutral color but I rather like it. Take notice of the new fridge and range. They are maytags that were on clearance due to dents, so dont look too closely.
Eventually, we want to put in a granite island and replace the other counters as well. Notice my Scentsy warmers! You MUST check out the new catalog- the minis are amazing and they rotate in case your plugs are upside down or sideways!

We played with the idea of getting stainless steel appliances since we had to buy the two most expensive appliances in the kitchen anyway but it came down to money and we went with the white. Oh well, I still like it. I do NOT like the floors but eventually we want hardwood floors too. But who knows when "eventually" will come.


What a difference paint makes! Goodbye ugly pinky purple! Thanks to my mom for helping a TON! More pics to come on other rooms.



6 comments:

gilliay said...

Wow, that pinky purple color...I guess it's pretty for a feather boa, but not a kitchen! Good job on the improvements!

Carrie said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it when you have decorated it.

Kim said...

Love the new look! Hope we get to come see it in person soon!

Megs said...

I love the color choices and I am very proud of your domestic skills at canning! Way to rock the home-owner-I-have-a-big-kitchen-and-I'm-not-afraid-to-use-it! And your cute little kitty looks like so much fun! Love you and miss you tons!

Jason said...

It's amazing what a coat of paint will do to transform a room! I like your color choice Heather. What brand of paint did you use for the primer and final coat?

Camilla said...

Hey Lindsey! I just found your blog! I love the new kitchen look. It looks like you've been enjoying the life outside of Wymount thoroughly, painting and pets!! Fun fun!
I still have to thank you for introducing me to Scentsy all those years ago. I just got a mini and some new scents this past week. So Delicious.