
We finally got our cat! Brett's been itching to get one since we moved here but I made him wait till we were in the house. She was sick the first two weeks we had her, which was heartbreaking but boy is she better now! She is about 5 months old. We originally wanted a tiny 8 week old kitten but every one we looked at just didn't fit. Now we are WAY glad we didn't get a younger one because she is so much work right now and I'm glad she is that much older and closer to calming down.
The name? Well Brett always wanted a cat with boots so he could name it Mr./Ms. Boots (insert english accent). Reese has boots which is perfect but the name didn't fit. Foxy came up because she has a crazy thick tail that doesn't match the rest of her body. And finally, some neighbor boys suggested Reeses because she looks like peanut butter and chocolate. So thats how Reese came about and we kept the other names as a middle and last name.
She is very cuddly when she settles down and when she isn't calmed down, she is a total spaz. Here are her favs right now...
chasing her tail
attacking her reflection in the mirror
water water and water! she loves baths, sinks and playing in her water bowl We discovered this when we gave her a bath and she LIKED it
pouncing on us when we are in bed
waiting around corners and jumping out at us (almost peed my pants once or twice)
chasing our feet
playing with anything and everything,especially things she is not supposed to
loving on us. which includes purring, grabbing our faces with her paws and licking our chins
Of course I can never catch the funny stuff on video.


7 comments:
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love calicos!! I think her name is very fitting as well! There's something special about your first kitty! Neil and I will always have a special place for our first cat Zuke. Congrats on the new member of your family!!
Cute kitty! and your house looks great! hey I know your friend on the "adoption love" link, we were in their ward in provo! they have an amazing story, and i know you and brett will inspire others with your story!
So cute!! What a fun addition to your little fam :) She is really pretty. I hope you guys are doing well. You guys are seriously some of my faves...
Cute! I love the name Reese...and chocolate peanut butter cups.
Hey Heather!
I didn't even know you guys left until recently. How sad. I found your blog on someone else's, small world so I wanted to stop in and say hi and tell you how excited I am for your new kitchen and cat. Don't tell Jared, he wants a cat or dog soooo badly but I just can't do it. Too much work for me to deal with right now. Anyway, lata!
Erin
Hey guys. John and I say HI! Love your kitten...I have one at my parents and it is SO SCARY when they jump out from behind corners, huh?!!! I totally laughed when I read that. Your kitchen looks fantastic!
Sounds like Reese is a whole lot more fun than Cindy, can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment