Parker is now wearing glasses. It kinda breaks my heart, covering that sweet face with glasses. After a third check up with the ped. opthamologist, Parker's far sightedness was not improving and causing him to overcompensate when looking near, which made him cross his eyes. The crossing was starting to become a habit and if continued untreated, he would have impaired vision and need patching and/or surgery by the time he was 3 years old. We also have some family history of strabismus and ambyopia which made us want to treat now to prevent these things. He should grow out of needing them in 1-2 years.
It's been a hassle to keep the glasses on and keep Parker from breaking or scratching them. We are bribing him with his Easter candy for now. He did wear them through most of church today. I was also happy that no other kids in nursery tried to grab them. The clinic said it may take two weeks to a couple months to get him wearing them all the time.
3 comments:
Those may be the cutest glasses I've ever seen! He's such a little doll. Hopefully he gets used to them so you don't have to bribe him forever!
I think he looks quite stylish and debonair. What a cutie!
He looks very intelligent and sophisticated! and I'm sure he will thank you one day!
Post a Comment