Saturday, February 6, 2010

Back to Work

I went back to work at my vision therapy job today. I haven't worked for 6 months.
It was good.
It was nice to talk to adults without a baby on my hip.
It was nice to be clocked it and making money.
I missed my baby.
It was REALLY weird doing the same tasks that I haven't done since being pregnant. I kept trying to do them as if I was pregnant.
Like squat at the file cabinet so my belly could hang between my legs, sit on the stool at the computer with my legs apart for the same reason. And the weirdest one was gathering my pants in my hands after going to the bathroom in preparation of hiking them over my bulging belly.
But it wasn't there.
It is a lot easier not being pregnant.
But then it just kinda made me sad that baby wasn't with me. Constantly moving. Always with me, we worked 6 days a week when he was cooking.
Then I got home. And he has been constantly moving on my hip.
It's good to be home. I missed my baby.

1 comment:

Brittany H. said...

Oh yes. I remember I still tried to sleep on my side for the longest time, until I realized I could lay on my stomach again! Glad you survived your first day. I'm sure Parker missed his mommy, too!!