Front of the house
back
kitchen, nice color huh!
upstairs loft
Family room with artwork, very tasteful-were keeping that!Looky, looky, we got a HOUSE! I didn't want to post till it was official and well, now it is! Now anyone who has seem me with money knows I have financial commitment issues. I cried when we bought our cheap, old car and yes I BAWLED at closing. Everyone kept asking if I was ok, I couldnt even talk, so Brett just laughed and told them I was fine. Man, I hate being in debt and so this just about ruined me. It still bothers me sometimes just thinking about it but Im getting used to it. Plus, I am excited to have a house!
Its way more house than we thought we could get, especially cause houses here are PRICEY! But this is a foreclosure and we bought it for $100,000 LESS than what it sold for brand new four years ago. Plus, its a little out it the country so the houses in this town are a bit cheaper to start with. ( ok, Ive never lived in the country but Target is 10 minutes away, I'll survive, right?). So basically all these things combine made this the cheapest house we could find, seriously. Unfortunetly Brett has a 30 minute commute, but because he works near downtown, we couldnt live closer than 20 minutes without fearing for our lives. We actually considered living near the hospital but once Brett started working, all the gun shot wounds, stabbings, and gang fights happen within a 20 minute radius of the hospital. Brett has already heard of three robbings in front of the hospital that happened in the middle of the DAY! Geez, I'll take the suburbs thank you very much, oh wait, we cant afford that. Ok, we'll take the country thank you very much! And the last thing that talked me into buying a house is the fact that renting is super expensive here and all your neighbors are shady (no more Wymount), so for about $200 extra a month we could own.
We need to do some work on it, all new siding due to hail damage, refrigerator and range needed, painting throughout the whole house, carpet cleaning, new dry wall going up the stairs, and fix top panel of garage door. We already started cleaning, taping and priming the walls. We are also getting quotes on the siding and garage door.
19 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you both - the house looks so good, worth the commute I'm sure! I'm glad to see you happy!
Congrats Heather! This is so great. I hope you enjoy having your own home...good luck with the fix-up...but it looks great already.
That house is amazing! I love it! What city is it in? We live in Woodbury but I'm guessing you're on the other side of the cities.
hey Andrea, Ill email you the city. I was thinking I should try to keep a few things private since my blog is public, but I usually give away tmi anyway!
Congrats on the new place! It is really cute!
Congrats you guys. That is a beautiful house! How fun that you get to personalize such a large space. I'm so excited for you!!! (Will you email me your address so I can add it to my Christmas card list?)
Congrates on the house. It's exciting. We miss you guys and canceled the halloween party this year because you're gone...
Kaylene and Jon
Hey!! Congrats on the house!! It looks fabulous! and once you decorate it with all your stuff and make it homey you will love it that much more! I am so jealous!
Wahoo! Congrats on your home! You will love it I am sure. Your home is SO cute!
ahhh, isn't is so nice for things to be official? I'm envious of that.
Buying a new house is scary and exciting! I felt the same way at closing--but I didn't cry (Miles was a baby at the time and did most the crying for us while we signed all those papers...). Congrats it is really pretty.
Fun! Congratulations--I'm glad you survived the process. It's gonna be great!
Love the title. Love the house. I think you should keep the artwork, unless it is derogatory. Congrats on being a home-owner!
I am super excited for ya'll. Having a house is FABULOUS and foreclosures are the way to go. Hope all else is well. Miss ya.
CONGRATS!!! It is SO exciting to own your own home! It's absolutely adorable too!! I love it! Now we have an excuse to come visit! :) It'll be awhile after the baby but we'd love to come and see you guys!! Good luck with all the work - it'll TOTALLY be worth it! :)
That's awesome! I'm house hungry, since we know we are staying in CT, but it'll be a while. If you ever get a chance you need to email and educate me about foreclosures.
I'm guessing the art work in the living room came from "Well kids, they're taking the house. Have at it!"
Anyway, this looks like an easy fix up (house looks new). It will look so good when you're done with it!
Congratulations! That's awesome you guys! What a deal for a great house. Any extra bedrooms for us to come visit???? We miss you! Love, Aaron and Kim
Hey Stranger!!!!!! How the heck are you? Looks like you guys are doing well! Weird finding people thru blogs but I love it!
Jenn
I can't believe it! I am so happy for you two!!!! I want to come help you on your house! I miss you a ton and wish I could see you!
Post a Comment