Sunday, September 7, 2008

Father/Daughter Campout

The three of us
This is me, Pochahontas style
We stopped at this sand bar- the sand was AMAZING! so soft!
Everyone cliff jumping and me taking pics because I forgot my swimsuit! If this was a mother/daughter campout-I may have just jumped in, but I was not about to start a wet t-shirt contest with all the men from the ward there!
This is the group of girls, I totally had a blast hanging out with them. I was by far the oldest daughter there. At the end, one girl was like, "your the oldest daughter here, youre like 20 years old, whoa!" and I said, "yes. thats right" hehe

In August, I went camping (shocker!) with my lil sister and dad. It was a great opportunity to do something like that with all three of us. Seeing as I am 10 years older than my sister, we didnt have many chances where we were both the right age to do things together like this. We camped on the St. Croix river and canoed the next day. The river was beautiful, but the canoe was rock hard- my butt hurt so bad I couldnt sit comfortably for 4 days! At night, around the campfire, Courtney and I stategically placed Dad's remote control fart machine (which he brought home from work-just for this occasion) and let them rip in true Hanberg style. Of course we pranked the Bishopric first and then worked our way down to the innocent unsuspecting Achievement Day girls. Funny thing is, that the next day, after canoeing, we all rode a bus back with another group that was on the river. This old man in line in front of me totally ripped one, but I think everyone suspected I had used the machine and they looked at me! I take credit where credit is due, but that was definetly not me!

8 comments:

Brett said...

Looks like fun. We loved that ward and we were sad to leave. Tell bro. Metzger Brett and Andrea say hi.

Aves said...

Hey girl! Looks like a ton of fun! I still need to email you so we can catch up. Its been nuts the last 3 weekends, I have had someone in town visiting or I have been gone. But I miss you, and I definitely want details. My email is averi.michelle@gmail.com ... I promise I will email soon. Love ya!

Brittany H. said...

I am seriously sitting here rolling! How funny! Ah, to be 20 again... ;)

Jokilyn said...

That is an awesome story! There are few things as funny as old people with gas! :) Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! Thanks for calling the other day - it was so good to talk to you! I'm glad you guys are settling in good. And congrats on the house!! How exciting! You'll have to post pictures when you can! Miss you guys!

Kim Utterback said...

Wow, Heather, camping. Kim and I are impressed! It looks like you guys are doing great. We miss you!

Emily said...

20 hun...that is funny. You always did look young. I wish that someone would think that about me...they all think I am over 30; where did I go wrong?!??! I am glad that you had a good time with you sister and dad; family is so important.

Jason said...

Very funny! You can't fool me Heather, blaming it on the old man! I know you are ventriloquist flagelator professional!

Jennifer said...

Hey how are you guys?