Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Election

I had heard some Republicans consider voting Democratic this year because they are upset over certain issues or candidates. Some say that pro life and defining marriage between a man and a woman are no longer enough to keep them voting Republican. This makes me so sad. Of course there are other VERY important issues, but these two issues are what will make or break our constitution (in my opinion of course). I dont have the exact quote, but Jospeh Smith said that during the last days, the constitution will "hang by a thread". To me, these two issue may very well change our constitution. My faith does NOT tell me which way to vote. However, the way I interpret my faith will leave me no moral choice but to vote Republican. I hope everyone will weigh the consequences before they vote. Although I am not Catholic, I have close family members who are. I respect thier religion and found this video thought provoking. I hope you all will watch it. http://www.catholicvote.com/

4 comments:

Aves said...

Hey girl! What's new these days?? All I know is that politics these days just scare me. Its scary to see where our country is headed.. I am with you though. People really need to understand and become aware of certain issues and what it could mean down the road. Hope you are doing well. :)

Aubrey said...

Thanks Heather.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Hey you! Im glad that you are brave enough to make though provoking posts like these...hope all is well.

Hannah S said...

That is a good video. I remember hearing/reading the J.S. quote too. Thanks for sharing.