Parker 2009. Can you handle it? The little McLindsay nugget will be here soon!
I can't believe we will have another one of these!
Boo-yah, here I am HEAVY with child. 37 weeks, dialated to 3, 70% effaced. (currently 37 weeks-don't be so surprised that I blogged this photo so quickly!)
Our little butt-head earned his nickname by being head up at 35 weeks. What the doctor and I always assumed was his butt (right where Parker's butt used to be as well) was really a head! Yikes. His feet were also in a kneeling position, not fetal position. Which the doctor said might actually help him flip because his bum wasn't stuck in my pelvis. No wonder I was uncomfortable! I had a version scheduled for 37 weeks and a c-section scheduled at 39 weeks. Versions are a bit controversial but I wanted to try anything before just going with a c-section. I did some handstands, which are supposed to help the baby tuck their chin so they can flip. For one, I am so glad no one had to see that except Brett (he got a good laugh) and two, if you think breathing at 9 months pregnant is hard- try doing it upside down! That night I thought I felt him flip, but by the morning he felt like he was back to the same old position. It is really hard to tell what this baby is doing because he moves a lot. I had to see a different doctor at 36 weeks and he said the baby felt head down! I was really excited but didn't want to get my hopes up. This week my regular doctor checked and he really is head down! No version or c-section at this point! I am sooooo happy! The doctor thinks he is low enough now that he couldn't flip back, even if he wanted to. I am not sure if it really was the handstands or prayers but I am so glad my little baby decided to cooperate! What a guy!
Now I am just really uncomfortable and a bit anxious for our little world to change. We have all had terrible colds, especially Brett and now I feel behind getting everything ready for baby. I feel like I missed my opportunity to clean the house and get the shopping done because now I have braxton-hicks contractions anytime I do much of anything. But whatever happens, baby is coming and we are so excited to meet him!


8 comments:
I hope baby flips on his own! Congrats on baby #2 hope all goes smoothly when the time comes!
We'd been praying too for a flipping! Glad it happened!
So glad he's head down! Audrey was breech, so I tried the version and had to have a c-section with her. When Liam was head-up, too, I tried EVERYTHING to get him to turn (including headstands propped up against an ironing board), and it worked thank goodness! No c-section with him! Versions are more painful than c-sections in my opinion, so be glad you didn't have one. Good luck in the next few weeks. I hope things go smoothly with your transition to 2 kids.
Oh we are so excited for you!!! I can't wait to get back on your blog and see your new baby! I have never heard of versions...how in the world does a pregnant woman do a handstand? That is remarkable...I don't think I could have done that! So glad he flipped.
Oh wait...I just re-read that. Is doing the handstands called a version? Maybe I misunderstood that. What is a version? Anyway, glad the baby flipped!
We are excited for your second little guy to get here!!! I'm sure you're parents are as well!!
It's been a while since I've been here--so it's fun to get a little caught up. I had a version with my first when I was 37 weeks, which is also when I needed to deliver her. (It was unsuccessful--so I'm a c-sec momma now.) Prior to that, I tried EVERYTHING to get her to flip. And, man, those were some of the most uncomfortable positions I've ever been in! I'm glad our little guy is head down now and I hope he'll stay that way for you until delivery. I hope it will all go smoothly for you!
My older brother was a butt head! When my mom delivered it was back in the day and she just had to push him out bottom first. He is thirty years old now and we still call him butt head because of that! So glad your little guy flipped! We are looking forward to seeing pictures soon!
Post a Comment