Monday, January 10, 2011

Minnesota Moments

This year winter came early. We have had several big storms and the amount of snow that fell in December is usually the total for the whole winter. This was the first big storm that was similar to the Halloween blizzard in 1989 (I think it was 89). Brett was at work (he always seems to be working during the big storms) and I knew I would have to shovel about every 1-2 hours to keep up with the snow. Well, I couldn't keep up with it, that little path took me forever and I don't have much time that I can leave Parker alone.
So, I paid these guys to do it. It took them 2 mins. You can tell they are true Minnesotans by their lack of boots, gloves and snow pants. These guys drive around in big storms like an ice cream truck and hope that pitiful people like me will overpay them just to get rid of the snow. They were right. I should add that my parents would have rescued me, but it was near white-out conditions with terrible wind and their snow blower was in the shop getting fixed. After they left, my neighbor got upset at me for paying them and said he would take care of the driveway for the rest of the day. He snow-blowed the driveway 3 times that day to keep up with it.

During storms, Parker stays cozy with his blanket watching his favorite show, "Jack's Big Music Show" in his favorite spot, the broken entertainment center drawer.

Reese has the best spot in the house, my side of the bed! Oh I get so jealous watching her sleep all day! She tucks herself right in and hibernates the storm away.




3 comments:

Brittany H. said...

hahaha I LOVE Parker's favorite seat! I think something would be wrong with the world if you didn't get a bunch of snow. hehe

Emily said...

I would gladly pay someone to clean off my drively...I hate shoveling snow...it is sooooo tiring. I am glad your neighbor helped you out though...I bet it could get pricy.

tiffromney said...

That snow is crazy. John always wants to just pay people, too. He says it is very worth the cost. Snow gets so heavy! Glad you survived that one and got some help!