Dear Parker,
Hi baby. Last night I rocked you back to sleep. You woke up with a stuffy nose but quickly closed your eyes and tried to drift away. I lightly touched your face and hair to help you relax. I thought of each feature as I touched it and remembered how sweet they have been to look at since you arrived one year ago. The hair, so soft, now light was dark and came as a surprise when you were born. The eyebrows, how they were raised so high when I very first saw you and how later they became my favorite feature (if there is such a thing) because you are so expressive with them. The eyes, they make you so real and reflect your true innocence. The nose, I remember how one of the first things that made you giggle was when we would wiggle your nose. Your mouth, sweet baby lips remind me of your first smile,the way you used to laugh in your sleep, sweet breath and now how you give kisses.
Parker, you are joy. Words are inadequate to express the feelings we have for you. I love your vibrant, spirited personality. The way you laugh and smile so easily for most everyone. The way you look when you think you are being funny. I love the way you are easily suprised but love it. I love how you work hard to understand things and learn quickly. You are intense and curious. You play hard, laugh hard and cry hard. You love to socialize with other babies and enjoy people watching. You are almost constanly "talking" or "singing" with your low, slighly raspy voice. You are constantly in motion, which hasn't stopped since I was pregnant with you. The fun hasn't stopped since I was pregnant with you either. Happy first birthday baby! I hope each year is just as jammed with fun as this year! I love you my baby, my boy, my everything.
With all a mother's love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment