Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Man

Last night as I made dinner, peas were my veggie of choice. Knowing Brett would have none of that, I made him green beans and felt very doting about it. But during the consumption of dinner, I took notice that indeed there were no green beans on the man's plate. The lecture followed (as he knew it would) but he interrupted me with a proud look upon his face saying, "No, don't worry, I ate the corn!"
Still feeling under-appreciated about cooking the beans, I had to inform him that corn is a grain, not a vegetable. He was stunned and swore that corn was a vegetable, even pulling a can of corn from the pantry in hopes of proof (there was none). So we bantered back and forth a bit light-hearted and finally let it go.
But then, later in the evening we began to read the scriptures. Brett was reading and came to a verse which read, (Mosiah 7:22), "...to the amount of one half of our corn, and our barley, and even all our grain of every kind..."
Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you that victory is sweet. My grin was probably bigger than is should have been, but I didn't say it (I didn't have to). And here is the greatest part of the story, Brett laughed just as hard as I did. What a guy, I love him so much. (but it would do him well to eat more vegetables)

2 comments:

Brittany H. said...

HAHAHA Oh, my belly hurts!

Carrie said...

A neat fact: "Corn" is the term used to describe all grains in the bible because corn as we know it wasn't discovered by Western civilization until Columbus. Fun stuff!