Wednesday, January 13, 2010

He is the cheese to my pizza

A couple weeks ago, Brett and I decided to be big spenders and get a Pizza Hut pizza due to a good deal they had and a pizza fix that could not be ignored. Since we were going all out, I wanted the pan pizza, a personal favorite which is only indulged every couple of years. Brett wanted deep dish pizza. We both stated our reasons for which one is better. During this process we started to wonder how two people so different could ever manage marriage. Deep dish, pan pizza, two different pizzas and someone was going to have to compromise. I felt the need to give in this time. Most of the time I feel like Brett and I are so compatible, with many of the same likes, needs, and goals. I felt strangely disconnected to him at that moment but wanted to make him happy none the less. After all, Brett does many nice things for me (i.e. always sharing his food and always letting me put my cold feet on him in bed, really). So I called pizza hut and said I would like the deep dish pizza. And then to my wonder, the worker said, you mean the pan pizza?



I wish, my husband wants deep dish.



But mam, deep dish is pan pizza, they are one in the same.



what?



This strange disconnection was actually another connection between us? How could I have ever faltered and felt this way?! Of course we like the same pizza! He is my soul mate! And is an instant I went from feeling like I had made a sacrifice because we were so different to feeling so happy that we were so similar!

Now we have this inside joke that whenever we start talking about this way to do something, or that way, one of us will laugh and say, I guess we are just too different- you like pan pizza and I like deep dish! haha!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That is pretty funny. It is nice to have so many things in common with our spouse.

Brittany H. said...

Do all your marital problems center around food?! haha The way you guys discuss things reminds me of my relationship: every disagreement becomes a trial. Kevin always calls judge, but I am getting to be a very good defense attorney!

Brittany Hall said...

You guys are too funny. I love to splurge on pizza too. I've never had pizza hut, but I guess I need to try the deep dish. Or the pan pizza. :)

Carrie said...

You guys crack me up. Reading that, I was thinking "wait? there is a difference?! I thought they were the same!" I was having a serious existential dilemma until you explained it. Whew!