Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Arrgghh!


Parker is having his second bad day in a row. I just ordered Colic Calm (a different type of gripe water) and as soon as I hit "order" I'd wished I had paid for rush delivery. Poor guy is in pain often- hence the crying. He has finally passed out on the living room floor. I immediately felt like a chicken with my head cut off thinking of all the things I need to and want to do and every precious moment of his sleep is ticking away as I try to organize my thoughts. Then it hits me, he is sleeping in the living room and any chore that greatly needs to be done is in the general arena of the living room. Argh, I am banished upstairs with one pile of laundry to fold.

oh well, I guess I'll blog. I'd really like a nap, but laying down is like asking him to wake up screaming as soon as I get cozy.

5 comments:

Amberly said...

colic calm is great stuff, don't let the fact that it turns his mouth black freak you out! if you'd like some energy work done for him, let me know. grounding him would help him be more at peace.

Jade & Gingerella said...

I'm sorry to hear Parker is still having a tough time... bummer! I keeping meaning to call you... I just keep running out of time! Happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Amanda said...

colic or not, welcome to motherhood. I'd like to say that it get's better but, um, none of what you described changes...

sometimes it makes me wonder, "and i asked for this?!"

Mary Ann said...

Hi Heather! Congratulations on your baby. He is absolutely adorable. That picture of him crying just breaks my heart. It looks like from your earlier posts that you've tried a ton of different techniques to help with the colic. I'm sure you've been swamped with unsolicited advice, but I thought I would suggest the thing my mom tried that helped with my brother. She eliminated chocolate from her diet while she was nursing him and it was a night and day difference. If you're nursing him maybe that will help? Good luck! I hope the colic clears up soon.

tiffromney said...

Oh he is getting so big! I love that picture...so funny! How you guys doing? Hey what is that bassinet thing you talked about? Does it attach to the bed?