So, at 3 a.m. yesterday, I woke up in extreme pain from my upper stomach, right under my ribs. This lastest all day and even got worse in the afternoon, I was doubled over in pain. I went to the doctor, who was in a hurry to leave and said it was probably an ulcer and prescribed Prilosec. To which I was upset and reminded him I already on Prilosec!!! He prescribed a more expensive drug which does the same thing as Prilosec, hello! I dont need a drug that is doing the same thing as the one Im already taking! Anyway, I was doubled over in pain and not thinking clearly and in no shape to argue. So I went home. It got worse, we almost went to the emergency room. But around 9 p.m. the pain went away but a migraine came on and I was so dizzy. The next morning I went back to the doctor to tell him there was no need to do the upper G.I. x-ray that he wanted to do, but my lower right abdomen was hurting now. Of course thats a red flag for appendicitis. So off I went to do a C.T. scan. Ive had a CT scan before but let me spare you the details and just say that two I.V.'s later and a gallon of water poured in my butt because Im too skinny for the CT to see my appendix-not fun.
Anyway, my appendix was fine but there was fluid in my abdomen. They are guessing I had a burst ovarian cyst. Gosh, can anything else be wrong with me?!! I have so many small problems wrong with me. Dont get me wrong, Im glad they are small and usually easily fixed but geez, I feel like an old person trapped in a young person's body sometimes. Well, Im feeling a little better, tender though and I cannot get rid of this stupid headache! Thanks for all the phone calls from friends to check on me. I guess I am loved!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment