Well, its been awhile since my last post and I feel bad that I haven't posted anything till now. Although, this is still a lot better than when I try to write in my journal. The last couple of weeks have been crazy. We found out that my dad has been diagnosed with colorectal cancer and is estimated to be at level 3 (levels range from 0-4). I was upset at first, finding myself crying at random times, but its has gotten better. My dad found a really good surgeon at the Huntsman Cancer Institute and we are really hopeful. Dad will recieve chemo and radiation for 5 weeks then 7 weeks off, then surgury, then 6 months of chemo. The chemo will be in low doses, so his hair may thin but probably not fall out. Hopefully, the move to Minnesota won't interfere with his treatments. His work is being really understanding but Dad, being the workaholic that he is, has a hard time letting go and not being there. I sent an email out to my friends asking them to pray for my dad and I got amazing support and wonderful responses from all of them. I can't help but think that the calmness I've felt since is because of the prayers being offered for my family. My friends all over the country went and put his name in the temple roll.
On a lighter note, Brett and I were able to go to our friends cabin last weekend and that was a blast as usual. Although we didn't get much sleep, it was a lot of fun and very relaxing to be with friends. We will miss them so much when we leave Utah. I have also had a lot of time spent on my calling lately which is exhausting but very rewarding.
No comments:
Post a Comment