Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Gangs All Here



Ok, so I keep thinking about adding to the blog, but I was doubting whether I was going to get rid of it all together or not, but for now I'm not so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Most recently we went to our friends Phil and Jennifer's new house (which is beautiful!) it made Brett and I really wish we were out of school and in a house of our own. On the bright side, next month we will be down to the one year mark! So anyway, we went to celebrate Phil's birthday, and of course we had a blast at the party (although the long drive to Toole wasn't the highlight of the evening) we played "Guitar Hero" on Jon's playstation and I actually liked it! I usually don't like video games but the Wii and Guitar Hero are actually something I enjoyed! I snagged a photo of Brett rockin' out. He yelled at me as I took the photo because I interupted his groove.













Back at the end of January I went out to Boise to be with my family before Cameron went into the MTC. My brother Jason also came out from Minnesota. Neither of the spouses (Brett and Amanda) were there so it was the original Hanberg gang. We did my great-grandma Ruth's and my aunt Laura's temple work while we were out there, Courtney did the baptisms with Cameron and my mom did Laura's inititory and endowment and I did Grandma's. It was very cool. In the endowment, there were extra women and so my mom and I got to sit next to Dad, Jason and Cameron. We had a row just for our family, it was cool that it worked out that way, let alone while we were doing family names and just before Cameron left. Then, on Sunday, after Cameron was set apart, Jason and Cameron gave Dad an amazing blessing, then Jason, Mom and I all got blessings from Dad. It was emotional but wonderful.
I drove back down with Cameron, Mom and Courtney to take Cameron to the MTC. Dad had to stay home for treatment and Jason flew back home. It was emotional once again to put Cameron in the MTC but I was so glad that I was able to be there. It still hard now knowing Cameron is just across the street from us. I miss him so much already.













No comments: