Thursday, June 17, 2010

I just want your kiss boy

his kisses, one of a kind.
you wont find a better baby kisser, truly.
you should see his high-fives.
genius.
brett, well he's a good kisser too, but let's not talk about that.
last week brett was part of the biggest nurses strike in u.s. history.
14 hospitals and thousands of nurses
it was a one-day strike that didn't work, ouch.
monday is a re-vote for an indefinite strike, scary right?
i mean, we see greed on both sides but we have kinda taken a liking to paychecks(aren't they fabulous?)
so since we are the praying type, we're praying for negotiations before a long, drawn out, payless strike.
me?
well i'm in full-on minnesota garage sale mode
they are big here and i've kinda become an expert.
i know the going rate for different brands of baby gear and toys.
you know the guys on antique roadshow (ah, we see here a graco from 2005, these are hard to find), ya that's me.
wednesdays and thursdays are the big days,
that's when you see the experts. so of course i'm there.
but if i see something marked too high, and they ain't coming down?
well, then i march back on saturday when they are desperate and low-ball 'em.
ha, you should have bargained with me on thursday! do you have change for a quarter?
i'm just gonna be sad to see it end.

2 comments:

Brittany H. said...

haha (on the garage sale-ing part, not the strike stuff) You go, girl. I started doing that and now am appalled at what I used to pay for things, or what other people pay for things--like if a shirt is more than $2, I think it's outrageous! :)

Hope all gets sorted out with the strike/negotiations! That would be really difficult.

Carrie said...

We just had to go through a possible strike with Andrew's job and it was pretty scary. I feel for ya!

And garage sales are awesome! Here they are Friday/Saturday but I never go on Friday. It is super hard to go anywhere there will most certainly be an abundance of cheap stuffed animals with a two year old.