Sunday, March 21, 2010

He looks good and he knows it.


Last Sunday we went for a walk and Parker cried when we tried to take his sunglasses off, usually he doesn't like wearing them. I try to have him wear them outside because he doesn't like being in bright light. We found out later from his pediatric behavioral opthamologist (who I work for) that his cones are very "blond" and cause him to be sensitive to light. We also found out that Parker is a little far-sighted and is high risk for lazy eye and needs to be seen again at one year, rather than the normal three year appointment. His vision is 20/60 right now, which is above average (my child is a genius!). We knew he might be high risk for lazy eye since it runs on both sides of our family. For those of you in Minnesota, your baby gets a free appointment for the Infantsee program and should be seen around 6 months and then three years. There are problems that can be treated early and easily when children are young. Dr. Hadler is the BEST! And no, I don't get any benefit from you bringing your children in, I've just seen kids that can start to go blind or have tracking problems that usually get diagnosed as ADD or reading issues instead of vision problems that can be fixed with vision therapy or simple home exercises. OK, I'm off the soapbox for now.

No comments: