Parker has taken to thumb sucking lately. Something I did till I was, ahem, 8 years old. Yes, you heard me.
Embarrassing? not anymore, but at the time it was. What prize finally motivated me enough to stop? A pair of red plastic open toed heels with sparkles. They were dreamy and made me look oh so grown up and pretty.
And just for the record, I do not have buck teeth and never needed braces for that matter. So there.
For now, it's just plain cute with Parker. He even tries to suck his thumb while nursing- I will give you two words to describe it; wet and noisy.
6 comments:
Hi Heather! I was excited to find you on April's list! I ALSO sucked my thumb til about, ahem, 8... and never had or needed braces! Go Parker - give that boy a thumb!
I was thinking about you today. I remember you saying you thought "fun size" was a completely WRONG name for the mini candy bars. (Nothing fun about a tiny candy.) I saw a t-shirt today that said "I'm not short, I'm FUN SIZE" I had to smile and think of you! Congrats on your beautiful
boy(s)! :)
Lora Smith
That is the most adorable video ever!!! How stinkin' cute! Glad the colic is finally over with! Now you can enjoy every even more!! :)
He is so sweet! And, yes, that is what it's like to have a non-colicky baby.
As for the swaddling stuff--my second is a finger sucker. She sucks all 4 of the fingers on her left hand and has since she was about 4-6 mos. old. So far, she's the only one who hasn't really enjoyed swaddling. I think it's because she wanted her hands out so she could suck her fingers. I finally started swaddling her body, but leaving her arms out and it worked really well.
so darling!!! Do you think he might be starting to teeth? He's really going to town on that tasty thumb!!!
Adorable!!
It almost makes you want him to suck his thumb because it's so cute. We need to get together soon so our kids can play!
Post a Comment