Monday, April 9, 2012

My Bad

 This is what he looked like when I found him.

 This is his hair DRY after many washes.
At the beginning of February, we all got bad colds and I made a big mistake by leaving Parker's Vick's VapoRub where he could reach it. Yup, I left him for about 2 minutes while putting a load in the washing machine. In that time, he went upstairs, found the Vick's, came downstairs, sat on the chair in the living room and rubbed it in his hair. I came out of the laundry room and did a double take to see Parker on the chair (because he never sits there) and then my mind worked in slow motion as I tried to process what had happened to his hair. It was obvious what happened as I got closer to him because he smelled like menthol. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "hair like Daddy". That melted me because he was just trying to style his hair like Daddy. The bottle even looks similar to Brett's hair stuff. Cute, but a huge mess. I washed his hair over and over and over with dish soap and as you can see in the bottom pictures, his hair still appears soaking wet when in actuality his hair is dry in these pictures. I parted and combed his hair which made him look so goofy but I didn't know what else to do (I wish I had taken a picture!). Of course he had an eye appointment and I had an appointment so we had to go out in public like that. We had many people make comments like, "oh don't you look handsome" I think they were being polite because it looked like I had styled it that way. I told some people what had happened but then thought, what is worse: telling them what happened and them knowing how dumb I was to leave the Vick's out or just letting them think I style his hair like an idiot? Anyway, I contemplated just shaving his head but luckily is slowly got better. It took about 5 days of washing with dish soap several times a day to look somewhat normal.

1 comment:

Jim Lindsay said...

Except for the big blob of vicks and the smell I like the look!

Marlene