I asked my mom who was going over to my grandma's house to grab a sweater for me the day before the party. My mom told my grandma that everyone at the party was supposed to wear a Christmas themed sweater, and thought I might fit into one of hers since I'm pregnant. My sweet grandma insisted my mom take several sweaters for me to choose from, some of which she was going to wear to a party of her own but wanted me to have the first choice. This is when I started to feel bad because the other sweaters were actually quite nice and she was giving them up for me. My mom called my grandma the morning of the party to tell her I chose a sweater and she could wear the other ones to her party. She told my mom that if I liked the sweater that I picked out so much, I could just keep it! Yeah, I kinda feel bad. But maybe I can justify it by telling myself she is better off with that sweater out of her wardrobe. By the way, Parker's sweater and turtleneck came from Goodwill, I love that place! Brett was off studying for finals, we miss him a lot lately.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
I asked my mom who was going over to my grandma's house to grab a sweater for me the day before the party. My mom told my grandma that everyone at the party was supposed to wear a Christmas themed sweater, and thought I might fit into one of hers since I'm pregnant. My sweet grandma insisted my mom take several sweaters for me to choose from, some of which she was going to wear to a party of her own but wanted me to have the first choice. This is when I started to feel bad because the other sweaters were actually quite nice and she was giving them up for me. My mom called my grandma the morning of the party to tell her I chose a sweater and she could wear the other ones to her party. She told my mom that if I liked the sweater that I picked out so much, I could just keep it! Yeah, I kinda feel bad. But maybe I can justify it by telling myself she is better off with that sweater out of her wardrobe. By the way, Parker's sweater and turtleneck came from Goodwill, I love that place! Brett was off studying for finals, we miss him a lot lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what a fun idea for a ward christmas party- ugliest sweater contest! I'm bringing that up for next year.
I'm so glad Gramma doesn't use the internet!
@Karen: ha! I was just thinking that!
and I see you've trained the cat; no baby gate around the tree this year.
What fun pictures! Besides you and Parker my favorite things in the pictures are the Grinch and the Playskool Nativity. It all looks so Christmas perfect. Brett will be so glad to be back with you to celebrate when finals are over--horay!! Magandang Pasko
Oh that is too funny. I love it. What a sweet Grandma! And CONGRATS on finding out you are having a boy! We are so excited for you guys and hope your Christmas is AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment